Friday, November 23, 2007

Alberta Bags A Big One


Meet Eotriceratops xerinsularis, an early and larger version of Triceratops recently dug out of the ground near the Horseshoe Canyon formation at Dry Island Buffalo Jump, about 70 kilometres northwest of Drumheller. Apparently, the skull is a "monster" at three metres long, or the size of Smart Car. I'd be interested in hearing the precise measurements. As far as I know, the record for "biggest dinosaur skull" goes to Pentaceratops, one specimen of which reached a little under ten feet in length. I suppose if this was bigger you'd hear about it.
Now on display at Drumheller's Tyrell museum.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure that's not Steffi ?

Big head swollen by pseudo self confidence, but politically dead ??

Anonymous said...

Sorry for that. But as you know, I'm a cretin from Fort MacMurry. If I didn't junk up your comments section with my idiocy all the time, I'd be doing even more meth.

Red Tory said...

It's spelled Fort McMurray, jerkoff.

Anonymous said...

Just more evidence of Albertan's superiority. If Ontarian's or Steffi's pinko ancestors had to deal with eotriceratops I doubt there'd be any Ontarians or citoyens left today. Just a bunch of parks full of Eotriceratops.

Anonymous said...

Don't try to come on to me, Red. I'm already spoken for. Although technically still a virgin, my man "ding dong kyoto's dead" keeps me more than satisfied.

Anonymous said...

I read the headline before scrolling down to the picture, and I thought you were talking about Craig Chandler. But of course he will be exhibited in the creationist museum as the biggest living dinosaur.