Monday, October 18, 2010

Tory Turmoil In Calgary Southeast?

This blogger suggests that MP Jason Kenney, a la Jeff Watson in Essex County, has injected himself into the race for Calgary Mayor and, allegedly, into the race for Calgary Ward 14:

A colleague got a voice-mail message this evening from Immigration Minister Jason Kenney (Calgary Southeast). He urged my fellow Jason to vote for Ric McIver, "the real conservative."

Kenney has responded in the comments and on twitter, is interesting:

I have researched the calls that were allegedly made in my name, and have found that the concerns expressed above are unfounded, i.e. that the recorded calls did not profess to convey my views about any of the candidates in the Ward 14 race, or purport to express an endorsement on my part. If anyone would like to confirm this, I encourage them to ask the campaign in question for the relevant recording and script, as I have done.

...which is to say that there is a robocall out there that has Kenney's name in it, but the words don't...quite...constitute an endorsement of any of the candidates (and not, in particular, candidate Richard Dur, the Chairman of Policy for Jason Kenney’s Conservative Party of Canada constituency association).

If you read the comments further, particularly the one from Karol Kraychy, who once ran against Kenney federally as the PC candidate in Calgary Southeast, you will note that her opinion differs from Kenney's as to the propriety of the calls.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gerrard787 said...

And living in Calgary, I've injected myself into Toronto's mayoralty race by placing a Rob Ford sign on my front lawn.

bigcitylib said...

If it keeps you off the street I'm all for it.

Gerrard787 said...

You can request a Rob Ford lawn sign too BCL. They'll even install it for you.

Holly Stick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly Stick said...

I, for one, welcome our new Muslim overlord...

Gerrard787 said...

Each city gets what it deserves Holly. Nenshi for Calgary, Ford for TO.