Monday, July 04, 2011

Scientists Swapping Data: Climate Scientists About As Open As Other Scientists!

This paper is based on a survey of scientists from various disciplines in regards to their hopes/dreams/fears/bitches whines/complaints re data sharing in their particular discipline. Having read it through, I don't see anything too shocking.  Most scientists think their field doesn't do bad in the realm of data openness, but could do better.  I'm not sure how climate science fits into the paper's nomenclature, but either of the possibilities (environmental vs. atmospheric sciences) don't do too bad re openness. 

I've reproduced one of many charts in the paper below, having chosen this one more or less at random:
Surely the real story is in the details, but I'm too lazy for those.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you need al gore for this agenda.


Maria[suit]