Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Mystery of Michael Coren

I too am puzzled by Michael Coren's latest blog post on the shootings in Norway.  He doesn't quite say that those kids on that island deserved what they got for their insufficient zealotry in support of Israel.  He merely refers to a "tragic irony".  There may be some irony in the notion of a Conservative Christian so convinced that Muslims are barbarians unfit for Norwegian society that he was willing to kill nearly 100 people (mostly non-Muslim, presumably) to prove his point. 

Maybe I'm just not seeing that irony.

In any case, the most charitable explanation for Mr. Coren's post is that he was drunk or on crack at the time.  Just as likely, but more sinister, is the possibility that he was floating a few trial balloons in advance of his new show on Sun TV.  After all, Lilley and Levant pretty have the explicit muzzie bashing end of things covered...but nobody is directing Teh Hate at Nordic Social Democrats.  Maybe Mr. Coren sees a niche that is thus far unoccupied.

Also, Colby Cosh's attempt to change the subject is pretty wormy.
Also, Anders Brehing Breivik apparently bragged of his links to the English Defense League Maybe Meir and the Shaidle's will arrange a meet and greet.  Maybe he' already left comments on their blogs at one time or another.

And maybe, just maybe, Mr. Weinstein will do the right thing and, finally, distance himself from the EDL and all it stands for.  I'm not holding my breath, mind you, but I have been informed he is capable of acts of simple human decency.

16 comments:

Dr.Dawg said...

Coren is a very, very sick man. End of story.

Anonymous said...

I don't get shocked by what Coren says because I would never even connect to his blog or watch his show. He has nothing to say of any value.

liberal supporter said...

Coren is a religious fundamentalist. As a convert to his current faith he naturally goes overboard to prove himself worthy.

Meir Weinstein said...

Again, how do I fit in here?

liberal supporter said...

Again, how do I fit in here?
The discussion is of Michael Coren's ambiguous comments on a terrorist act.
You are apparently involved in a terrorist group.

Meir Weinstein said...

You can try to defame all you like. So take off your mask and lets go to court.

Admin said...

Meir, I've said several times that due to your former status as Kach's North American spokesperson and apologist for Baruch Goldstein, you have links with terrorism. I've also pointed out a number of times that the JDL has been described by the FBI as a terrorist organization. If these things aren't true, why haven't you sued me?

Admin said...

BTW Meir, I believe your referenced in the article because of your links with the anti-Semitic English Defence League, one of the groups that inspired the terrorist in Norway.

Meir Weinstein said...

OK bigcity, now it is clear who your friends are.

liberal supporter said...

You can try to defame all you like.
I am not defaming you. I am providing a link to Wikipedia. Why don't you try to refute it? Is what it says true?

So take off your mask and lets go to court.
I use a pseudonym for a reason. I doubt I would make it to court, if your goons knew how to find me. An accident would be arranged, and you know it.

Your friend Blazing Cat Fur is now trying to find me. He has just changed commenting systems in a futile attempt to track me. Likely he has been told to do this, now all he needs is for me to use his new commenting system, then you can send your thugs after me. I suspected his handlers (possibly you) would eventually try to use him to find me, and it seems I was right.

Do you want to have a rational discussion, such as pointing out why the link I provided is wrong? Or do you want to continue to show your true colours with your veiled threats?

Admin said...

@Meir it's clear you're full of shit when you claim you'll sue anyone who calls you out on your links with terrorism. That ship sailed when you failed to follow up on your bogus threat to sue the Canadian Arab Federation a few years ago. The reason you won't sue is you know you can't win because truth is the ultimate defence in libel cases. Instead of making bogus threats why don't you apologise for your links with the English Defence League, Kach, Irv Rubin and the JDL? Thugs and terrorists all.

Meir Weinstein said...

Andy, your not my cup of tea.

Andy Lehrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admin said...

Thanks for the compliment, Marvin.

Unknown said...

you know that Michal Coren is always formal suits for his commitments,

Randi4 Andi said...

We all loved Andy.

Even when he was a chubby little boy he would come down to The Barracks and the Richmond Street Health Emporium.

One hard playful slap and you could ride the waves for 10 minutes!