Thursday, August 12, 2010

No Pressure, Mr Bruinooge

Stacey Campbell, a Kelowna BC based Christian speaker and teacher who has a reputation for “prophetic” skill, says:

….there’s a massively prophetic generation [of Christians] arising, that will prophesy in different forms. They will be prophets and prophetesses like Faytene [Kryskow], like Rod Bruinooge, that will, you know be prophets for justice like the Old Testament prophets were. They will be prophets that like, you know, the Apostle Paul, in the body, out of the body, just revelation and visitations {of the Holy Spirit] and those kind. There’s gonna be all kinds of them. That’s what we wanna see.

The next CPoC leader? Harper won't be around forever, after all. Faytene Kryskow, by the way, is the gal that compared revivalists to the Hitler Youth--but in a good way.

7 comments:

Fred from BC said...

The next CPoC leader? Harper won't be around forever, after all.


Very funny. I predict Hedy Fry as the next Liberal leader.

Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...

Which, really, is why the conservatives continue to be mired in minority status.

Because we really have two separate parties co-existing:

a) Soft libertarians who seek to remove the foot of government from their neck; and

b) Fundamentalists.. who seek to replace the left foot with the right one.

For my money, the only rational choice is to clealry and unequivocally distance ourselves from the latter.

But it's not going to happen, sadly.

Shiner said...

Rob, you seem to be suggesting that option a) makes up the bulk of the party. Are you?

Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...

No, Shiner, I'm saying that there are enough of them, and they make enough noise, that it keeps a good portion of the "undecided" or the centrist vote from voting conservative.

For example.

In my own riding, we have nominated Jim Hilyer as our next Conservative candidate in the coming election.

Reports are that he has spoken publicly of being called by God to run and of being told that he will be our Prime Minister.

My mind right now is cautious, but open, on this guy because I need to find out more for myself - however, it I gather any hint that he is seeking to bring us some sort of "Christian" theocracy, I will be voting Liberal.

No question.

I don't need to fight to get the left foot off my throat just to be replaced with the right.

Shiner said...

Actually option a) was the soft libertarians, but I hear you.

I officially ripped up my membership card when I attended the Ottawa-Orleans nomination meeting and heard Royal Galipeau rail against the murder of thousands of unborn children. Ottawa-Orleans is one of the wealthiest and most educated ridings in the country, I can imagine the type of candidate you get elsewhere.

Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...

I think it's unfortunate.

And, sadly, it strikes me that the current ethos of politics and media really seems to promote the extremes.. by using soundbites and angles to arose emotional responses, making it seem that the extremes have more voice than they really do.

Though why we need to build more prisons and why we needed to create the hubbub over the census is beyond me.