Thursday, October 10, 2013

LPC Western Resurgence?

Interesting poll result.  Federal Libs are at 32% in Manitoba.  That's still 10% back of the Tories, but I would imagine its enough to pick up a few seats hear and there, especially around Winnipeg.

For my T.O. readers, Manitoba is the one to the left of Ontario on the map.  I lived there briefly back in the late 60s, and remember snow, and getting towed on a toboggan around Lake Winnipeg behind a snow-mobile that look a bit like a riding mower.  And I've flown over it since.  So it does exist. The name is an Inuit word meaning "frozen tundra".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Manitoba is Ontario-West, not western Canada.

double nickel said...

Um , no. NW Ontario is actually part of Manitoba though.

Omar said...

I consider anything west of the Outaouais western Canada. Freakin nut-bars.

Steve Bloom said...

Since they must have been in on the Vast Conspiracy to disappear Keewatin, clearly they are capable of anything.