Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dykstra UnRepentant

...re the now infamous picture of him on his blackberry during Remembrance Day Ceremonies:

The picture is fine, actually. It shows me on my BlackBerry, looking serious and intent. What they didn't tell you though, is what I was actually typing. As some of you know, I live-blog events and happenings to my website. That's what I was doing here.

The purpose of writing about these events is to give folks who aren't able to attend the chance to get a feeling for what transpired. It also gives people a chance to see what is transpiring through my eyes as the MP.

[...]

I'm going to keep using the picture, though. I think it's kind of neat actually, me looking contemplative and serious while writing a tribute to our veterans and the municipal politicians who succeeded in their effort to honour them.

Well, since the picture and post didn't appear until 2:53 PM that day anyhow, I don't see why Mr. Dykstra couldn't have waited until after the ceremony to write it up. Would you live-blog your own wedding, for example, or a funeral (unless it was Michael Jackson's, in which case you might)?

But I do agree he looks quite wonderful in the picture. Dark glasses really work on him. They make him look like a rock star. Maybe middle-period Van Morrison.

7 comments:

Gene Rayburn said...

Maybe Wayne can come up for some excuses for him.

Ti-Guy said...

The purpose of writing about these events is to give folks who aren't able to attend the chance to get a feeling for what transpired. It also gives people a chance to see what is transpiring through my eyes as the MP.

These little Conservative MP's really do live in a fantasy land, don't they? Who the fuck is waiting for his/her MP to provide them with a live experience of an event like this?

That's what teevees are for, you narcissistic, self-centred, self-aggrandizing nitwit.

RuralSandi said...

Duh Dykstra - 2 minute silence is 2 minute "silence". Suppose to be thinking about the vets not about playing with your texting toys.

What a doze

Patrick Ross said...

And evidently, Dykstra can't think about Canada's fallen troops while writing about them.

Duh Sandi.

Gene Rayburn said...

It's called respect Fatprick. You should try it sometime.

sharonapple88 said...

Does anyone believe what Dykstra is selling? Well, I guess some people do... but for everyone else, Dykstra should just stop digging that hole deeper. The attempt at a cover-up is more disturbing at this point than what he actually did.

Holly Stick said...

If he had stood still and thought for the two-minute silence, he might have had something worthwhile to write.