Thursday, November 19, 2009

Guy's Got A Point

Charlie Angus, after calling for a ban on twitter in the HOC, defends himself against the media blowback on Facebook:

Kady O’Malley calls me draconian. The National Post says I’m a luddite. It’s all over my comments that MP twitter posts lie between the banal and the inane. Have no fear national media — your ability to read what Carolyn Bennett eats for breakfast will not be shut down. I only wish I could have gotten this national uproar over the crisis being faced by children in Attawapiskat who are sleeping in tents tonight.

My two cents: I hate twitter but am enjoying the rank chaos it has engendered in the HOC.

3 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

I've adopted Wonkette's practice of calling the use of Twitter not "tweeting" but "twatting."

The ADHD Generation is too far gone to be challenged on this.

RuralSandi said...

Angus could use Twitter to keep pounding away at the issue of the kids.......

He loves to grandstand.

Ti-Guy said...

Angus could use Twitter to keep pounding away at the issue of the kids...

Are you kidding? That's not what Twitter is for. You can imagine the Twits' eyes glazing over when they see a serious Tweet like that...especially the eyes of journalists, who spend God knows how much time pouring over that crap to find something worth bringing to everyone else's attention.

I agree with Angus. The MP's can use their 'Berries when a matter of fact needs to be verified but otherwise, Mummy and Daddy need to slap them out of their little hands when they're supposed to be paying attention.