Sunday, June 24, 2007

They Tell Me What They Think/But They Stink And I Really Don't Care

...from Australia's finest intellectuals, AC/DC.

Eugene has nominated me for a Thinking Blogger award. I am honoured and astounded, as I would have never considered what goes on in this blog "thinking".

The "Thinking Blogger Award" is apparently one of those "meme" things (ie a fancy word for "idea"), so now I must apparently:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,

2.
Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (There is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

What the hell? I've been meaning to do something this for awhile now. So:

Alison is a nature girl. She lives on Bowen Island (B.C.) in a tree-house, and swims with the whales every morning so as to better appreciate their concerns. The result is Creekside, a terrific blog that deals with environmental/globalization/N.A. Deep Integration issues.

Steve V of Far and Wide writes about lots of things, but he is especially good (level-headed, not too excitable) when it comes to poll smoking. He's one of the reasons I don't write about polls so much anymore. I just visit F&W and write "ditto".

Darren Naish is an underemployed paleontologist who has turned his spare time into Tetrapod Zoology, maybe the best science blog on the net. He's got to be good if he can haul in 5,000 visitors a day writing about armadillos, right? I don't get a 10th of that traffic when I write about boobies. Darren also dabbles in cryptozoology, which is how I discovered TZ.

However, Cryptomundo is ground zero for crypto fans. Bigfoot, Ogo Pogo, Nessie. If its weird and probably non-existent, then the lads at Cryptomundo have probably written about it. Incidentally, this blog was instrumental in helping me "blow the lid" off the Mike Lake Bigfoot Scandal.

McClelland has a tendency to run off at the mouth dangerously, but MyBlagh is still a good mixture of the entertaining and the annoying. Read the Canadian Left's bad-boy blogger, and see who he will offend next. (hint: its usually Cherniak)

2 comments:

Steve V said...

Thanks BCL :)

Alison said...

Gosh, you like me, you really like me.

*ok, Alison, this is your big chance to say something really really important and meaningful here. Don't suck up and try not to maunder on in a confused self-satisfied sort of muddle until you run out of spa