Sunday, July 29, 2007

The ProgBloggers BBQ

...was held on Saturday, July 28th, at the good Vijay Sappani's place. A great time was had by all. I left with my sobriety intact, and didn't try that joke with the lampshade.

It was fun putting faces and voices to the people you meet on-line. For example, Cherniak was there, and was disarmingly normal...actually charming. The whole "elfin" thing is overblown, or at least I saw no overtly elfin behavior. Had great conversations with "Buckets" and Steve V that will no doubt advance the cause of the revolution, and Vijay whomped up some impressive chicken wings.

A most pleasant way to spend a (mostly) sunny Saturday

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm tandoori.

Vijay's got ThisCanadian's vote for another BBQ!

who was posting the photos??




Spread Love...
... but wear the Glove!


BlueBerry Pick'n
can be found @
ThisCanadian
"We, two, form a Multitude" ~ Ovid
==
"Silent Freedom is Freedom Silenced"

bigcitylib said...

Jeff Jedras has sent me a couple (BCer in TO), if you're not familiar.

Oxford County Liberals said...

IF you go to the main Prog Blog site, I've posted a link to some of the initial photos I've received.

leftdog said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Nice to see Peggy Nash there as well. Photos show a fun relaxed BBQ!

Olaf said...

BCL,

Non-progressives demand to know: Who was the drunkest?

Anonymous said...

As promised @ Vijay's Garden Party: I re-posted the "Hick Hop" - Asylum Street Spankers video.

Enjoy: they're sheer comic genius... but, you can't say you weren't warned.

Honestly, I can't help it: whenever I see a party of folks talking politics or philosophy... I get a background soundtrack of 'Whatever'...

now to go ferret out those photos!
I had to leave while the sun was still up &, as I recall, that fridge was still sporting a lot of brews!




BlueBerry Pick'n
can be found @
ThisCanadian
"We, two, form a multitude" ~ Ovid
==
"Silent Freedom is Freedom Silenced"

bigcitylib said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bigcitylib said...

Olaf,

Might have been me. Apparently, though, the big debauch took place later, after I left. Isn't that always the way?

Oxford County Liberals said...

I'm hoping for some photographic evidence of that then ;)

Reality Bites said...

So does this mean none of you were invited to the FD (as in "FornicatingDuo") "we're finally making it legal, if not moral" bash?

Oxford County Liberals said...

Nah.. we don't obsess over stuff like that Reality - that's the conservatives and blogging tory obsession.

Steve V said...

I was great to meet you BCL :)