Thursday, April 12, 2012

On Uniting The Left

It's not Chretien's fault; he was too busy uniting the whole country against Quebec Separatists and Alberta Firsters.  But--and you know I have the little red LPoC card now and am seriously thinking of emailing them another fiver to support their efforts--if you look at Canadian history (esp. provincially) you see that the most common way in which parties "unite" is that one party's vote collapses and goes en masse to the other and all the infrastructure and support groups and organization that the first party has built up over the decades disintegrate and Zalmoids become B.C. Libs, and P.C.s become CPoCs, for example, and so on and so forth. 

If I were Mr. Mulcair and looking at a poll like this, that's the result I would be gunning for.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it would be great if you sent a fiver or more every month to the victory fund

Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...

You know.. If I could be convinced that National Daycare and the long gun registry was a non-issue.. I'm pretty sure I'd renew my Liberal membership...

Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...

Oh. And sort of thanks for the shout out..in a backhanded way (I'm still voting Wild Rose.. Screw Byfield!)