Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Catholic Insight Cleans More Crap From Shoes

I recently came across this brief article in which the Catholic Insight staff "regret" and "retract" a number of comments made way back in 2oo5 with respect to one Edwina Gateley, and decided to try and find out what was behind it.


Edwina Gateley is a theologian who, among other things, has ministered to Chicago prostitutes. Her work has been commended by the Governor of the State of Illinois, the Mayor of Chicago, and former President Bill Clinton.


But not by the folks at Catholic Insight. In November of 2005 they...

Well, lets let Edwina, who was kind enough to respond to my email, tell the story


Dear [BCL],

Catholic Insight published statements about me that were false in a past issue of their magazine (November 2005) which claimed that I practised witchcraft and promoted the worship of the Mother goddess. As a public speaker and retreat leader these statements were very detrimental to my reputation and credibility . I fact, because of them, at least one Catholic Bishop barred me from speaking in his diocese. So - yes - I did threaten legal action and Catholic Insight then retracted the statements.

Amazing!

Edwina Gateley

Amazing indeed. Clearly, Michael Gottheil is not the first person CI has been caught sliming.

1 comment:

Ti-Guy said...

Catholic Insight? More like Catholics Incite!

Haw haw haw...heh heh heh...hee hee...*snort*

...Gawd I'm hilarious.