Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Take Their Free Stamps! Catholic Insight On Heritage Canada Watch List!

I've been puttering about with my Macleans PAP complaint for a couple of months now, and while the thing is about half-written up, I must say I haven't been putting alot of work into it lately. But now...NEWS designed to drive me to greater efforts! BCF reports:

Of further note is the continuing campaign of harassment against Catholic Insight by the branch of Heritage Canada responsible for funding Magazine Publications which has quietly placed Catholic Insight on a 'Watch List' for 'questionable content'.

Sources close to Father De Valk have confirmed that this report - dated 21/03/2007 'Report to Director, Periodical publishing Policy and Programs - Questionable Content Complaint: Catholic Insight' prepared by Sara Mayes, has resulted in Catholic Insight being required to submit a copy of each issue for screening.

The same sources also confirm the Magazine Publications complaint was initiated by a Toronto based 'Homosexual Activist'.


Two good bits of new information here:

1) The proper name for calling out a magazine that is publishing material in "any...way offensive" while receiving Heritage Canada money is a "Questionable Content Complaint".

2) The complaint should be directed to Director [of] Periodical Publishing Policy and Programs.


None of this information is retrievable from the Heritage Canada website, nor was it revealed to me in any of my email contacts with them.

So look out Kenneth Whyte! You're not being offensive on the taxpayer's dime when I'm around, and when I'm finished with Maclean's you will beg for the language cops.

3 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

None of this information is retrievable from the Heritage Canada website, nor was it revealed to me in any of my email contacts with them.

So how do you know any of that is true? So far, all you've got is a post by that pathological liar Blazing Cat's Ass.

The claim of "requiring to submit each issue" for review sounds a little dubious. Remember, these people are all paranoid, stupid, or liars, or various combinations and permutations thereof.

bigcitylib said...

Fair enough point, but I don't believe she would lie about something like this. Furthermore, Valk himself has said on other occasions that someone has been trying to have his PAP funding terminated.

Ti-Guy said...

but I don't believe she would lie about something like this.

I believe she (?) would, but that point is moot.

Furthermore, Valk himself has said on other occasions that someone has been trying to have his PAP funding terminated.

Could be the people at The Catholic Register for all we know.