Friday, October 02, 2009

He's Back: Trost On The Two Blocs, Gay Pride, And Etc.

On the Bloc Anglais:

Remember: it was the NDP who first approached the Bloc Québécois to form the three party coalition government.

The NDP even joked on their phone calls that the coalition couldn’t be called the coalition for Canada because they were now allied with the Bloc.

And last year, the NDP even voted with the Bloc (against both the Conservatives and Liberals) to allow the Quebec legislature to impose its language laws on the Canadian government.

Considering how closely the NDP are working with the Bloc Quebecois it’s no wonder that some people are referring to the NDP as Les Bloc Anglais .

Guy's a real cut-up for sure.

And on the Toronto Gay Pride Parade:

At the beginning of the summer, I received considerable feedback on my stance on funding for Toronto’s Pride parade. A few people from Saskatoon criticized my stance, but several times as many people (both in Saskatoon and in the smaller communities) thanked me for what I said. The reasons why people supported my stance varied; some thought the money was being wasted; others were opposed to the message that the parade was promoting.

Funny, I don't remember a stance being taken at all, I remember Trost bragging about how Diane Ablonczy had been demoted for being too gay friendly but, silly me, he was really assuming a principled position.

6 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

A few people from Saskatoon criticized my stance...

Why? Does he have a "wide stance?"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Just kidding. BRAD TROST IS NOT A CLOSETED HOMOSEXUAL!!

Robert McClelland said...

Considering how closely the NDP are working with the Bloc Quebecois it’s no wonder that some people are referring to the NDP as Les Bloc Anglais.

I've been wondering when somebody would finally make that connection. I don't know that the relationship is close but I can't deny it's not there. In fact I've been thinking about writing a post to discuss the possibility of an NDP/Bloc merge.

Éric said...

--- "And last year, the NDP even voted with the Bloc (against both the Conservatives and Liberals) to allow the Quebec legislature to impose its language laws on the Canadian government."

Only inside of Quebec. The Charter of the French Language applies throughout Quebec, except in federally regulated organisations. The bill only extended the Charter to those organisations within Quebec.

Ti-Guy said...

Whatever. How's about we just nuke rural Saskalberta already and be done with it? The volume of that demographic's complaining is in inverse proportion to how substantive it is and almost always focused on someone else's crotch

They don't even "work the land" anymore. Seriously...they no longer serve any purpose.

Nitangae said...

Ti-Guy, it isn't good, even as a joke, to talk about nuking provinces.

What Albertans can do about the political dynamics in our province, I don't know.

Unknown said...

I dont want to give statement when it comes in third sex.
I dont want to be judgmental.

maria[exotic shoes]