Because its a slow news day, I thought I would issue a quick compilation of the most startling, shocking, unintentionally hilarious, and downright scary things that our current Minister of Public Safety has written in his Penticton Western column thus far in 2007.
- In December 2006 (okay I'm cheating a bit with the dates), Stockwell refers to Eastern Canadians as "spearchuckers". The question arises: is Stockwell a racist, or does he know what the words mean?
- In February, Stockwell proposes a "ratline" for unstable gun owners.
The system could be used if "either their friends or family or a doctor notices, or is concerned, that a person is becoming unbalanced," Day said...
- Also in February, Stockwell suggests to his male readers that buying their wife/girlfriend a Valentine's gift might get them laid.
- In March, Mr Day's paleontological views are vindicated by the newly launched Conservapedia. Shame on you, Kinsella: you slandered a prophet!
- Also in March, Stockwell discourses on the glories of the wild turkey. Short version: they's damn fine eatin'!. (Note: yes I'm cheating in that this does not come from his weekly column. Sue me.)
- Also in March, Stockwell blames the Republic of Haiti for Canada's Cystal Meth problem.
- In April, Mr. Day spills secret information on Canadian fortifications to the Taliban.
- Not from his column, but here's a picture of our Public Safety Minister cavorting with terrorists.
- Also from April, evidence that Stockwell has gone Commie?
- From May, some bad poetry from Mr. Day.
- From later in May, Stockwell asks his constituents how the Tories should go about killing their own environmental legislation.
- From late May, our guy waxes homoerotic over his German "buddy".
- From June: lying to SoCons? You'll burn for that, Stock!
- And finally, last week Mr. Day accused Russia of threatening to Nuke Europe of the Kyoto Accord.
And there's a whole nother six months ahead of us before 2007 is out! So thank you Stockwell Day, Canadian Minister of Public Safety. Without you, this blog could not exist.