Saturday, December 09, 2006

BigCityLib in Slate Magazine!

Got my first Google News Alert for "BigCityLib" yesterday. Turns out someone at Slate Magazine liked my "analysis" of Camille Paglia's advise to Britney Spears re. her crotch and reproduced a portion of it in their Today's Blogs section.

So, a couple of things.

Firstly, should my fame and power increase because of this, as I fully expect, it will definitely go to my head. I will become vindictive as Hell, my wrath against those who have annoyed me vast and never ending. Anyone wants to make nice, now is the time.

Secondly, I've written about the effects of Global Warming on the Toronto area, and my dear Grandma, and got zip in the way of traffic. Mention Britney's crotch, and it makes the American almost-MSM. There's a lesson here, but I don't want to know what it is.

(although, honestly, I haven't seen much in the way of traffic originating from Slate Magazine yet. I got more hits when the dude from TDH linked here so he could call me an asshole.)

Thirdly, I am told I must take my old cable modem to Rogers today and have it replaced, so this may be it for blogging until at least tonight.

4 comments:

Saskboy said...

I talk about breastfeeding or abortion and get 100 posts. If I talk about issues that don't involve women bodyparts, sometimes 10 but usually less than 2.

Alison said...

I dunno, BCL, I think it might actually be time for you to suck up to your base more.

Gay Cowboy - 0 comments
Britney boob muff - 7 comments
Dion abandons mom - 23 comments

A bit troubling really...

Anonymous said...

If TdHuh? is driving your fan base, you've got troubles. You should have seen his borish behaviour at the convention, him and two thin-tied guys-in-dark-suits sliding past seniors and other voters queued up the normal way to skip past the curtain because he's too important to wait in line.
A true deluded meglo...

Anonymous said...

Huh? What the hell was that?