Monday, November 20, 2006
BigCityLib Endorses Jim Dinning: an Alberta Tory Toronto Can Love
There are a number of good reasons to get behind Jim Dinning in his bid for leader of the Alberta Conservative Party:
1) Works well with Federal Liberals. Longtime ally of Paul Martin.
2) Respects and fears Toronto; does not seem jealous of our artistic and cultural accomplishments, or the fact that we have two-way streets (unlike Calgary).
3) Not overtly seperatist, like the other candidates. Has been quoted as saying that Alberta is "a net beneficiary" of being part of Canada. (Oooh! Feel the passion)
2) Seems, relatively speaking, environment friendly:
A powerhouse of clean energy, a protector of wilderness, a hub of knowledge -- those are the kind of spots Dinning likes to talk about [when he talks about Alberta's future].
3) Not uppity for an Albertan:
"There are times where Alberta tends to be like bear spray and tends to stuff it up the nose of other Canadians -- we don't need to do that," Dinning said in an interview.
4) Probably wouldn't mind a gas tax. He hasn't said it in so many words, but I can just sense it.
H/T to The Politic.com.