Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Where The Premiers Stand On Coalition

A nice round-up from The Shotgun:

Ed Stelmach of Alberta wants the opposition to back down to ensure stability.
Danny Williams of Newfoundland says he'll work with the coalition but he's not taking sides. (From Mike Duffy)


Brad Wall of Saskatchawan wants the opposition to at least wait until the budget to bring down the government. (From Mike Duffy)

Gordon Campbell of British Columbia wants the same. (From Mike Duffy)

Dalton McGuinty of Ontario wants things to end quickly so he can sooner give incompetent auto executives public funds.

Gary Doer of Manitoba is expressing no real opinion.

Jean Charest of Quebec wants things ended quickly.

Shawn Graham of New Brunswick is refusing to comment.

Rodney MacDonald of Nova Scotia blames everyone for the instability and fears potential Bloc influence.

Robert Ghiz of PEI...I honestly could not find any public statement that he's made. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

(Ghiz has now said that

"Regardless of which party or coalition is in power in Ottawa, as premier of this province I am going to work with whoever is there." )

And--just because everyone loves Bill Casey--Bill Casey is down with the revolution.

5 comments:

penlan said...

Hey BLC, you wrote:

"And--just because everyone loves Bill Casey--Bill Casey is DOWN with the revolution."

When I first read that I interpreted it as his being against it. It's the word "down". I already knew he would vote with the opposition but thought he'd changed his mind.

But that's maybe just me who's seeing it that way. Addled brain? :)

penlan said...

Oops! BCL - sorry. Methinks the brain IS addled.

bigcitylib said...

I'm polishing my hip credentials. "Down with it" means "up with it" with the crazy youth of today.

Reality Bites said...

That's what happens when you spend too much time at Dean Del Mastro rallies, BCL. You're turning into some kind of "hep cat."

penlan said...

BCL,

Thanks for now making me "hip". ;) I had no idea.