Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Feel Like A Pirate

From CTV:

In a move to curb what the Hollywood studios are claiming is a primary source of the illegal pirating and bootlegging of their movies on the Internet, Warner Brothers announced Monday it is cancelling all preview screenings of its summer blockbusters in Canada.

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm going to wander down Spadina Avenue with my stop-watch and see how long it takes before the bootleg copies show up. Usually, they arrive about two hours before the real movie hits the big screen. With these new measures in place, I imagine the time will be more like 1 hr 47 min.

And, oh yeah, that guy that takes your DVD order at the local bar, and shows up next day with your copies? He'll probably be miffed. Might take him an extra day, and he might charge you $1 more.

1 comment:

Ti-Guy said...

Gee, if had known that pirating would reduce the exposure of Hollywood block-busters in Canada, I would have engaged in it myself.

More pirating, I say. Maybe we can get Hollywood to cut off Canada altogether.