Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Many Faces Of David Maclean

As most progbloggers know by now, GPM scored himself a heap of blogging glory yesterday when he discovered that several of his trolls were all none other than David MacLean, the CTA's Saskatchewan representative. I asked if GPM could provide me with a list of David's pseudonyms, so I might see if he had ever written nasty comments on BCLSB using one of them, and GPM was kind enough to comply in a comment to one of my earlier posts. Because he hasn't published this list on his own blog, I will do so here. David MacLean writes as:

100% Known

David MacLean
Tommy Douglas
The artist formerly known as...
Moneybags4me

95% certain

Farmer joe
r.s. porter
(These might also be ran by other Taxpayer Federation people sometimes/always)


Unfortunately, I have had no luck in my search, but others might be interested in trying something similar.

Also, I notice that GPM's efforts have landed him a spot on nationalnewswatch, the most popular Canadian news aggregator. Because people have wondered, and I have never seen it written anywhere, here is the deal with NNW. While the person behind it seems to have a strong Tory slant, what they are really interested in (they claim) is material that has not appeared in the MSM. So if you, like GPM, unearth new facts, even if the issue is fairly small bore, NNW may well link to you. If you retail stuff that has already appeared in print/on-line, they will usually just link directly to the original URL, although if the source is obscure enough you may get an H/T. Stories can be submitted to the email given at the site, so you don't have to wait to be "discovered".

12 comments:

Northern BC Dipper said...

GPS?

Isn't it GPM or am I missing something here?

Zorpheous said...

BigCity is directionally and Mousely challanged ;-)

Giant Political Mouse said...

No worry guys, lord knows I have made enough typos over the years :)

thanks for the hat tip BCL

Anonymous said...

slow day in progresivo land ?

Ti-Guy said...

David, is that you?

Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

Sounds like a real winner... Why does he need a SUPER HI-RES PIC of himself on that website? LOL

Giant Political Mouse said...

I guess Zorpheus is prepared to accept tht DARCEY is not a David MacLean sock puppet.

Good enough for me, take him off the list

Ti-Guy said...

Why does he need a SUPER HI-RES PIC of himself on that website? LOL

Well, that's unavoidable. He's got one of those typically HUGE neo-con faces that can only be fully appreciated in Hi-res.

bigcitylib said...

What I would like to know is: how much of the Conservative blogosphere is actually nine people with a hundred identities apiece. I can imagine Kate spending all day writing complimentary messages to herself.

Ti-Guy said...

If only that were true; I've seen enough variation in writing style to conclude that the Conservative blogosphere is not nine people...more like 20. Although MPD would go a long way to explain a lot of what I'm seeing...especially with Kate.

Anonymous said...

Well, you can try to comfort yourself with your deluded fantasy about the number of conservative posters, or the leadership ability of Dijon, whatever keeps you from crying yourself to sleep at night.

Ti-Guy said...

It's not that deluded. The history of Conservative sock-puppeting is pretty well documented.

And anon? You're mother's a two-bit not a leader. Take that!