Mr. Craig Chandler responds to this morning's post:
TO: MJ Murphy
FROM: Craig B. Chandler,
Strategy / Coalition Outreach Chair,
Mark Dyrholm Campaign
This morning I read your blog and was quite disappointed.
I will go into a bit of detail because you are from Toronto and not residing here in Alberta. I understand that you may not really know the full facts.
Yesterday I responded to you after you posted that the Western Business and Taxpayer Association (WBTA) apparently endorsed Mark Dyrholm. I informed you that even Danielle Smith is receiving and endorsement from separatists and pointed to the http://www.themoderateseparatist.com/ as evidence.
My point in that was to show you something positive. If separatists are supporting Wildrose Alliance Party candidates this means we can eliminate the movement. If they feel all their provincial rights objectives can be met through an existing federalist party then we in Alberta have won against those that feel alienated. The Wildrose Alliance Party will welcome anyone who endorses our platform and we are seeing a great coalition of Albertans from all walks of life and all political stripes. We hope people such as David Crutcher (a close and personal friend) of the WBTA and Leigh Patrick Sullivan from The Moderate Separatist will realize that they can achieve their objectives in confederation. They are both good people, but, are wrong in their approach.
However, today you have written an article with some serious falsehoods and I do expect this letter to you to be posted in full on your blog.
* I did found Concerned Christians Canada (CCC) and Stephen Boissoin was a member and is still supported by many including Ezra Levant, John Carpay and many other credible conservatives. CCC did not settle with the Alberta Human Rights Commission (AHRC). Upon recieving dual complaints from the Canadian Human Rights Commission and the AHRC our lawyer suggested we settle at the federal level and continue our fight at the provincial level as not to waste resources. Although, I left the CCC many years ago I am well aware that this issue is currently before the Court of Queens Bench and will be making it's way to the Supreme Court of Canada.
* As for the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council? Anyone can file a complaint and as you can see by visiting www.chandlerradionetwork.ca I am still on the air.
* I never filed a Human Rights complaint with Ed Stelmach or anyone. The CCC wanted to on my behalf, but, I asked them not to. I do not believe in the AHRC and feel Section 3 should be eliminated and this is Wildrose Alliance Part policy. To write otherwise is slanderous.
* As for the Collingwood Ethanol fight? You have no idea of what you write and I will not comment on this other then we represented industry in that fight and all is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
* However, what surprises me the most is your headline of Trouble Out West: PGIB Moves To Take Over Wild Rose Alliance? This is silly for so many reasons.
* All the people you mention are also members of the federal Conservative Party and most serve on boards for the federal conservatives. Even Rob Allen was a Campaign Manager for a federal Conservative in Brampton last federal election. Does that mean the federal Conservative Party is taking over the Wildrose Alliance? All that you mention are also members of the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, does that mean the Calgary Chamber of Commerce is taking over the Wildrose Alliance? I could go on, but you get the point. The Progressive Group for Independent Business (PGIB) has a membership that is 70% supportive of the Alberta Progressive Conservative Party does that mean we took them over? However, those that have decided to join and participate I encourage. Like I mentioned above the "... Wildrose Alliance Party will welcome anyone who endorses our platform and we are seeing a great coalition of Albertans from all walks of life and all political stripes".
* Disappointed, but, hey you are from Toronto and all you have done in your post is unite Albertans because we are sick and tired of Easterners manufacturing conflict and spreading misinformation.
Craig B. Chandler
Strategy / Coalition Outreach Chair
Committee To Elect Mark Dyrholm
Phone: 403-203-3456Fax: 403-273-2940
Web site: www.markdyrholm.ca