Wednesday, February 02, 2011

You Suck Mother Nature

Seriously, is that the best you can do? That was the most pathetic excuse for a blizzard I've ever seen. I thought I was going to get a day off and now it looks like the sidewalks are clear enough that I'll be able to run into work, test out the new Roots boots my wife gave me for Xmas.

And don't get me started on these young punk meteorologists they have nowadays. They don't remember that, back in the olde tymes, we didn't call it "snowmageddon"; we called it t-shirt weather.

6 comments:

Marky Mark said...

This one looked too big to get wrong but it sure is a big nothing. I really could have run to work-or dirven-but I did take the TTC and most people came in.

double nickel said...

I guess the army can stand down then? :)

Mark Richard Francis said...

It was less than expected, but the City was also very proactive on this one, which helped.

And we weren't supposed to get a blizzard, just a 'severe storm.' LOL.

My three (3, trois) kids stayed home as the schools closed in advance. I am going to go nuts.

A Eliz. said...

There is quite a blizzard in Boston according to TV,that will give it to us.I think I heard it was slower than usual getting here.

Anonymous said...

Here in Hamilton, we got 28cm and that's plenty, thank you! Had to shovel twice as we got a second blast in the afternoon. Nice to have neighbours that pitch in to help.

rabbit said...

You taunt Mother Nature at your peril. She has a permanent case of PMS, and she never forgets an insult.