Friday, August 24, 2007

Flanders To Run Provincially. Predicts Own Defeat, Then Retracts Own Prediction

Flanders from SoCon or Bust(alias John Pacheco) is running for the Ontario Legislature under the banner of The Family Coalition Party. His campaign got off to a disastrous on Thursday with an interview for the Lifesite in which he suggested that any vote cast his way was a vote wasted:


Pacheco is running for the Family Coalition Party, the only provincial party which is 100% pro-life and pro-family. A competent professional in the world of finance and happily married father of four children, Pacheco has no illusions of gaining a large number of votes in the riding.

[...]

"I'm not going to win this election that's for sure," he told LifeSiteNews.com in an interview today. However, he stated, "if elected I will certainly take my responsibilities seriously but I am under no illusions. We have to take the means legally available to us to get out the pro-life message."

Today, Flanders scrambled to contain the damage:

Regarding the above “I’m not going to win that’s for sure” comment above, I was a tad hasty in my interview on that point. It was a misstatement on my part, and I apologize for making it.

All of which raises the question: if a candidate falls in the forest, and nobody is around who would vote for him anyway, does he make a sound?

Also, get a load of Packy's campaign poster:














What is the message here? "Elect me, because I am a Big Baby." Or, perhaps more accurately: "Elect me, because I am a Giant Fetus."

Either way, it doesn't work for me.


7 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

A competent professional in the world of finance...

Oh, gosh...Flanders is being selective about Leviticus again:

"And if thy brother be waxen poor, and his means fail with thee; then thou shalt uphold him: as a stranger and a settler shall he live with thee. Take thou no interest of him or increase; but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee. Thou shalt not give him thy money upon interest, nor give him thy victuals for increase. "

(Leviticus, 25:35-37)

Eilers said...

Hey, what's with the name-calling? Flanders surely deserves better than this.

Ti-Guy said...

I wonder if anyone is busy screen-capping "paycheck's" comments at FD, or does everyone realise that, in the end, it'd be a lot of work for very little return?

bigcitylib said...

Ti-guy,

I thought of that. But the guys gonna get 5 votes max so who cares?

JJ said...

"Flanders", LOL.

I wonder if he'll be putting one of his campaign signs on a truck, like the big ol' Fetusmobile©

Anonymous said...

A politican being honest for once. That must seem very foreign to a liberal.

Anonymous said...

What is a fetus?